Homeowner insurance

Your house is one of your most valuable assets, yet you run the risk of losing it every single day. And while home insurance is not required by law, you still need to protect your assets. Mortgage lenders will also only provide funding if you are insured.

Sound advice is of primary importance when you’re thinking of taking out home insurance. Many insurers offer standardized protection that doesn’t necessarily take your real needs into account. At J Gérard Fortin, your protection is our primary concern. We carefully examine your needs, then present a competitive offer that represents the best available coverage on the market.

Types of contracts
Types of protection
Additional coverage
Insurance for short-term and long-term lease (AirBnB, HomeAway and other)
Let us analyze your needs. Take a few moments and fill in our online quote form

Questions? Contact a broker at 514.729.6001 or write to us.

Are my children covered?

Your home insurance covers personal possessions and legal liability for both you and your spouse, as well as for your children who live with you. You’re also covered for youth under 18 living under your roof who are in your care. Furthermore, your policy extends to dependent children who are full-time college or university students, even if they do not live with you; their belongings are covered for an amount equivalent to 10% of the insurance amount on your home insurance policy.

It is vital to inform your insurance agent of any new family situation. He or she will be able to advise you as to the available coverage.