Frequently asked questions about title insurance
- Are there recurring annual fees associated with EHOP?
- Unlike traditional home insurance policies, EHOP
is a one-time low fee and coverage is in place for as long as you own your
- The raise in this type of fraud is significant in the current environment. Does EHOP protects my property from mortgage ID theft?
Yes, EHOP offers fraud protection and identity theft coverage as a standard coverage.
- Will I have to pay if the municipality asks me to fix issues that were caused by the previous owner? They made renovations to the home without procuring proper permits.
- EHOP provides coverage against absence of
- Does EHOP have claim limitations?
- No, there is no deductible for a claim and
multiple claims can be made on the same covered property.
- My notary already did all this work when I purchased the home. Is her expertize not sufficient?
- EHOP is complementary to the work of notaries.
It covers many aspects that are not part of their regular verification process,
for example verifying that all necessary permits have been obtained.
- What is the coverage if the value of my house is greater than the municipal value?
- EHOP includes a 200% inflation buffer. For example,
a property valued at $ 500,000 is covered up to a maximum of $ 1,000,000.