Going on a road trip? These few tips will help you have peace of mind as you set out.
The countryside is yours to discover... any which way you like! Just remember: safety first. Here are a few precautions you should take before and during your adventure.Voir du pays en auto, au gré de vos envies… Quel bonheur! À condition d’éviter les pépins. Voici quelques précautions à prendre avant et pendant votre périple.
1. Check your licence and registration. Do they need to be renewed before your trip is over? You'll need them if a police officer pulls you over or if you're involved in an accident.
2. Contact your broker to find out if your insurance will cover you for all the activities you plan to enjoy during your trip (especially those that involve a higher risk), collisions occurring outside Quebec, medical care at your destination. Also find out if your insurance includes enough civil liability coverage.
3. Have your vehicle inspected by a mechanic. A professional will be able to check your car's cooling system, tire pressure, brakes and electrical system to see if they are in good working order.
4. Are you planning to rent a car in Canada or the United States? If your Automobile insurance policy includes "Civil liability resulting from damage caused to vehicles of which named insured is not owner" coverage (also known as Q.E.F. 27), keep your insurance certificate with you for the car rental. It was included with your Automobile insurance policy.
5. Wherever you go on your travels, do what you can to deter thieves. Lock your doors, shut the windows, conceal valuable items and place your luggage in the trunk of the car.
6. If travelling with young children, plan games to keep them busy and entertained. Not only will you all have more fun, you will prevent distractions that might increase your risk of accident.
L'Unique General Insurance recommends simple actions that require little time and that will ensure maximum tranquility for your vacation.
JG Forint, your insurance broker is there to help you prevent losses, so feel free to contact us. Bon voyage!
Source: Quebec Safety League
SIX FACTORS THAT INFLUENCE YOUR PREMIUM
All of the factors below can influence your auto insurance premium. Talk to one of our agents about how you can reduce your costs.
1. Vehicle type
2. Vehicle use (personal, business or a mixture of both)
3. Where you live (neighbourhood, city) as well as where you drive
4. Driver profile (age, gender, driving experience, etc.)
5. Coverage selected
6. Your credit rating