The Joint Report is a tool distributed by the Groupement des assureurs automobiles. With this document, there’s no need to call the police if you’ve had a fender bender. If the collision didn’t cause any injuries, then the drivers involved simply fill in the Joint Report on the spot. Doing so allows the parties involved to identify themselves and report the event to their respective insurers. The information provided will then be used by the insurer to determine each driver’s liability and calculate the settlement.
Keep a blank copy of a Joint Report in your glove compartment at all times. You can order one from the Info Assurance page or just download the Joint Report mobile app on Google Play or the App Store.
- Where can I get a Joint Report?
- Joint Report mobile app
- Admission of liability?
- What if the other driver refuses to cooperate?
- About the DCA
SIX FACTORS THAT INFLUENCE YOUR PREMIUM
All of the factors below can influence your auto insurance premium. Talk to one of our agents about how you can reduce your costs.
1. Vehicle type
2. Vehicle use (personal, business or a mixture of both)
3. Where you live (neighbourhood, city) as well as where you drive
4. Driver profile (age, gender, driving experience, etc.)
5. Coverage selected
6. Your credit rating