Retirement and senior living homes insurance

The rapidly aging population has brought about an equally rapid increase in the number of retirement homes. Accordingly, some insurers have put together coverage packages tailored to the specific needs of the senior living industry.

These packages are designed to cover both autonomous and semi-autonomous living facilities. If you temporarily host dependent seniors, you may still be covered under certain conditions.

You must hold a certificate of compliance from the Québec Government or be in the process of getting one.

The available coverage can include:

  • Loss of income
  • Food poisoning
  • Professional liability
  • Art objects
  • Civil liability for sexual misconduct
  • Resident insurance
  • Dishonesty, disappearance and destruction coverage

For more details, contact one of the experts at J Gérard Fortin.

Get a quote online for your business.
Questions? Contact a broker at 514.729.6001 or write to us.