Insurance for technology companies
Introducing ESURANCE™ TECH
We recognize that technology companies differ from traditional professionals. In this field, the current legal landscape is immature and constantly evolving. What’s more, given the industry’s rapid pace of change, the insurance products currently available may not match up to the potential risks posed today, unforeseen when most policies were first written. Operations today span international borders and products are distributed around the globe. For all of these reasons, technology companies require specialist insurance.
Many insurance policies for technology companies contain specialist errors-and-omissions (E&O) coverage. However, ESURANCE™ TECH is the only policy where all sections of cover have been designed purely for the technology industry. We believe this is the only way to provide seamless cover:
- Software can be considered as a service or a product. This is why our product liability and E&O coverage have been tailored to avoid any gaps in cover.
- Our business interruption cover takes into account issues relating to project delivery failure, delayed milestone payments and disruption to research and development activities.
- We do not use standard insurance definitions of “technology services” as this can dramatically reduce cover. Instead we let the technology company define their business and the activities to be covered.
Breach of contract
The majority of errors-and-omissions claims against technology companies are for breach of contract, so it is very important that this area of coverage is clear and unambiguous.
- Many policies claim to cover breach of contract, but have a contractual liability exclusion or condition.
- We provide clear cover for breach of a client contract.
- We do not have a contractual liability exclusion or condition.
Apart from these two crucial coverage areas, ESURANCE™ TECH also includes the following features:
- Specific cover for breach of intellectual property rights
- A comprehensive general liability package, including products and completed operations liability, tenants' legal liability, employee benefits liability, non-owned and hired auto and medical expenses
- Property cover which includes sewer back-up as standard and provides options for earthquake and flood
- Cover for claims brought anywhere in the world as standard
- Limits of liability available up to $10,000,000
- Premiums starting from as little as $500
We recognize that technology companies want to buy their insurance quickly and simply. That's why our insurance policy is backed up by exceptional service levels featuring:
- Over 90% of quotes provided within 48 hours
- A "fast-track" same-day service for urgent submissions
- Policies issued within 24 hours if we have all the information we need
All of this is available at very competitive rates. To obtain a quote, simply send us the completed ESURANCE™ TECH Application Form. A broker at J Gérard Fortin will be happy to provide you with this form.